How do we navigate the times of parenting in a digital age?
Kindergarten (Ages 2-5)
Seisen Kindergarten students enjoy a community of mixed-aged groups and gender where they learn to collaborate, communicate and grow from each other.
Learning in the Kindergarten
It is fun and engages all the senses. Students are playing, working and learning with a purpose. They are doing it for themselves and they are learning essential skills such as problem-solving, working with others, sharing and much more.
Students enjoy a carefully prepared safe environment to allow for exploration and creativity in all curriculum areas. They have a choice of different activities that are graded from easy to more challenging to suit individual needs.
Their sense of curiosity is fostered on a daily basis.
As students develop ownership of their learning, they are prepared for uncertainties and changes in routines and in life
It is an international inquiry curriculum and blends well with our Montessori curriculum
The knowledge and skills taught prepare students to be successful in school and in future life
Students have a voice and are encouraged to take responsible action with their own environment and are supported to reach out beyond their own community
Students learn how to make choices and in turn they become more aware of how their own learning and thinking processes work
It supports students to become independent learners to reach a higher level of achievement
It provides a cohesive transition to Elementary School
Multi-age and co-ed classes develop life skills
The multi-age Montessori 3-6 approach provides a very important ‘life skill’ for all students. Social skills are formed between the ages of 0-6 and it is an important time for boys and girls to interact and develop relationships with each other.
More than just a playground
- An 830 square metre private playground exclusively for our Kindergarten students
- Expansive outdoor playground learning space which is also used for performances
- Students step from their classrooms directly onto the playground
Science Technology Engineering Art Math in Kindergarten
- ICT integration within the PYP Units of Inquiry.
- iPads for all classrooms for documenting evidence
- Seesaw platform as a main form of communication with all stakeholders.
- Projector in all classrooms
The older students act as role models for their younger peers and the younger students learn so much from them. This mentorship also helps the older students to reinforce their skills and gives them an opportunity to be leaders within the classroom environment.
Highlights from the division
- Integration of specialist classes: PE, Dance, Music, Library, Art, Religious Studies and ICT integration.
- Rich, differentiated learning environment with the Montessori didactic and educational materials. Materials that are graded from easy to difficult and available to all students at their particular stage of readiness.
- Highly sought after Toddler program for 2 year olds.
- Diversity of our Kindergarten students and teachers.
- Lucy Calkins' Reader's and Writer’s Workshop.
- Parent observations of classroom learning.
- Performances and activities throughout the year, International Week, Christmas, Culture Day, Letterland, Global Mindedness Days, Graduation, Sports Day and field trips.
- Fundraising each year for our Sister School in East Timor and March 11th for the people of Tohoku, Japan.
- St. Raphaela Day of Service on May 18th.
Our Parent & Student Exhibition Information Evening took place last Friday 26th February.
Launching the new unit of inquiry: How We Organise Ourselves: Signs & Symbols
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Bridie presents to Grade 5 students about her Summer Business
How can we build strong and stable structures? What are the forces acting on these structures? What is our new unit of inquiry?
Students conclude their unit of inquiry - 'Communities' and start to think like Scientists for their new unit of inquiry - 'Energy'.
Let's celebrate the knowledge gained, questions asked, news reports created and connections with the High School weather station group!
Climb Mount Fuji Fitness Initiative!
Grade 2 Culture Day Celebrations!
Celebration of Learning - Grade 4 Symbolism
This year students Kindergarten will be partaking in a year long inquiry exploring PLAY!
Launch of the second units of inquiry!