Enhancing Global Perspectives
The Social Studies Department teaches students to become critical thinkers and learners through an inquiry-based approach to Social Studies. The department offers a broad and challenging program that aims to sharpen students’ thinking and decision-making capabilities while enhancing their global perspective.
- To develop skills for analytical reading, critical thinking and interdisciplinary understanding.
- Evaluate and place primary and secondary sources in context.
- Identify different historical arguments.
- Connect economic concepts to the real world.
- Supporting claims with theories, experiments & studies.
- To develop the ability to use and conduct primary and secondary research.
- To develop dispositions of international mindedness.
- To maintain and continue to improve a structure that fosters department-wide communication as well as collaboration in the following areas: Grade level content and skills.