Seisen International School has a commitment to global mindedness and diversity and we welcome diplomatic, business, and professional families of the international community. We also provide education for Japanese children who have lived abroad and wish to continue their education in English. We seek the admission of those students whose parents believe in and will support Seisen’s mission and guiding principles.
Admissions criteria are as follows:
- Children of expatriate families who are moving to Japan.
- Children who can communicate in English.
- In the case of Japanese Citizens, students who have spent at least two years abroad in an English medium school or are transferring from an international school and need a minimum of support.
- At least one parent speaks English fluently.
There are a limited number of spaces in the English as an Additional Language (EAL) Program for students who meet the qualifications for admission. Learning support is available for students who function well in the classroom but have some learning differences.
All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Head of School reserves the right to accept or not any application for admission based on space availability and the degree to which Seisen’s educational program can meet the identified needs of the applicant.
Applications are accepted at any time.
- Download the Application Form or apply online.
- Submit the application form with copies of school records/reports for the past two years.
- Download the Confidential Counselor Recommendation and have it completed by a teacher.
- Pay the application fee.
- Placement tests are given in English and mathematics, and an interview is required with the appropriate principal.
The applicant’s parents will be informed of the status of their child’s application by telephone or email. An enrollment package with a Letter of Acceptance will be mailed to successful applicants. A student is officially enrolled at Seisen upon receipt of the Certificate of Endorsement and registration fee.