We are an IB world school authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate Primary Years programme (IB PYP). This international curriculum framework aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. We are proud of our implementation of the PYP programme here at Seisen. Our teachers are enthusiastic and committed to the philosophy and practices of the PYP.
The PYP is a transdisciplinary curriculum model where teaching and learning is organized around six transdisciplinary themes which:
- have global significance for all students in all cultures
- offer students the opportunity to explore the commonalities of human experience
- incorporate knowledge, concepts and skills from the traditional subject areas
- offer learners genuine opportunities to connect to the world around them
- provide engaging, relevant, challenging and significant learning opportunities
Students explore six units of inquiry, one under each transdisciplinary theme, at each grade level. Clicking on the Programme of Inquiry on the right of this page will provide an overview of all units studied from grade 1 up to grade 6. The units collectively provide a scaffold for the development of international-mindedness. If you click on each grade level's document it will give you an overview of learning outcomes for all subject areas during the first semester of 2015-16 (August - January).