a caring learning environment
Our students come from many different countries and cultural traditions. Development of international mindedness and respect for the diversity of cultural and religious differences is central to life at Seisen. We offer a relevant, engaging and challenging curriculum in a friendly family environment.
At Seisen International School our aim is to provide our students with the academic and social skills they will need to become responsible and compassionate citizens of the world. Through the PYP programme we provide an inquiry-base learning environment for our diverse student body. Our programme is academically challenging whilst also meeting the needs of individual students.
In December 2007 Seisen International School was recognized by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) as an authorized school to teach the highly regarded Primary Years Programme (PYP). The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is a curriculum framework for international education. The programme focuses on the holistic development of the child addressing the physical, social, emotional, cultural and academic well being of each student and reflects our strong belief that education must address the development of the whole child.
The PYP is a transdisciplinary curriculum model where teaching and learning is organized around six transdisciplinary themes which:
- have global significance for all students in all cultures
- offer students the opportunity to explore the commonalities of human experience
- incorporate knowledge, concepts and skills from the traditional subject areas
- offer learners genuine opportunities to connect to the world around them
- provide engaging, relevant, challenging and significant learning opportunities