KG Montessori/PYP Calendar 2017-2018
Firebird Sora wins the Powerpitch Award.
Video of the Firebird Sora "Hydroshield" presentation.
A successful first day at Kennedy Space Centre
Firebird Mei video from Day One
Follow each day for updates on the 2017 Conrad Innovation Challenge.
At Seisen International School science courses emphasize an approach to learning that can excel in medical, scientific, or engineering careers shaping international-mindedness and celebrating diversity.
The Science Department philosophy is based on high expectations and standards, and the desire to assist all students to achieve their full potential and to be ready for a happy and successful life in a society being influenced by rapid scientific and technological change.
The Science Department has created a learning environment that encourages conceptual and critical thinking, problem solving, interdisciplinary learning, skill and project based learning and differentiated learning, where students feel valued and secure, are inspired and motivated at all ages, abilities and levels. We aim to provide lifelong skills and confident individuals who can exist alongside our ever-evolving world and prepare them for growth and success now and into the future.
Through their lessons in Science students will:
- receive a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated experience of Science
- become actively involved in their own learning
- enjoy learning about Science and will find interest, engagement and challenge
- be encouraged to become scientifically literate members of society by improving their knowledge and understanding of Science
- be empowered to achieve the highest level of attainment commensurate with their age, ability and aspirations
- be encouraged to take an interest in the impact science has in their everyday lives
- be encouraged to have an appreciation, care and concern for other pupils, animals, plants and the environment
Our department consists of a team of teaching and support staff with great passion for teaching and learning who work closely to develop and apply specific strategies and methods to ensure integrated learning within a positive and safe environment.
Science Staff take a proactive approach with the new curriculum developments and openly share experiences from their practice. There is a strong commitment to raise achievement, interest and enjoyment of science through continued professional development, sharing of good practice including resources and collective planning.